Part One of this module introduces you to:
- Definition of plagiarism
Part Two of this module introduces you to:
- Plagiarism in the U.S.
- Reasons for plagiarizing
- Strategies for avoiding trouble
- System for taking notes
- Practice exercise
Part Three of this module introduces you to:
- Discussion of practice exercise
- Examples: plagiarism or not?
Part Four of this module introduces you to:
- Forms of cheating
- Possible cultural differences
- Forms of lying, falsification
- Duke Community Standard
- Violations of the Duke Community Standard
Module developed by Rene D. Caputo. Last updated May 2017.
Photo Credit: Steve Slater [CC-BY-2.0 ] via Wikimedia Commons
Brought to you by the Duke University Thompson Writing Program